16 March 2011

Day Thirty-Six: Feisty Folks

I can be a stubborn person, sometimes closed-minded, and quite opinionated. I try not to be but, I am human and, well, I came by it honestly. I don’t like to go to the doctor and, thanks to childhood trauma, I am terrified of the dentist. I put off going to the doctor for over ten years because one doctor would not listen to me. He basically told me that I was nuts for grieving the death of my stillborn daughter. I swore that I would never go to a doctor again, that if I needed something to be done, Heavenly Father would have to be the One to take care of it.

Sometimes His way of taking care of things is to cause us to do something that we do not want to do. He caused me to have to go to a doctor again. I had no choice. This also opened the door to being able to trust a doctor again, because through Him and through her (the surgeon) I was given a chance to actually live again.

Left solely up to me, without His assistance, I never would have gone and the tumors never would have been found. Never say never. It has a way of making sure to become a “now”.

Have you ever had to do something that was ultimately in your best interest to do, but you absolutely did not want any part of doing it? What was it?

36. I am thankful for my daddy feeling feisty enough to disobey the doctors, though I hope they finally convinced him to do the therapy. I am thankful that he survived yet another heart attack. I am thankful for my surgeon, Dr. Daisy Ayim, and will remember what she did for me each time I see a daisy.



One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

No comments:

Post a Comment