17 March 2011

Day Thirty-Seven: Spring!

Today was St. Patrick’s Day. My husband was home, the kids were here, the Cardis were chinking away, and it was a beautiful day here in Southeast Texas. I can’t think of a more perfect day in recent history. We had one job to do, very brief, and then the rest of the day was ours. We went for a ride out in the country, way out in the country.

Lake Lovely was sparkling like yards of green and blue satin sprinkled with diamonds. It was breathtaking. Birds were everywhere and the wildflowers are coming alive! There are little splashes of color springing up all over the place: greens, whites, purples, yellows, pinks, reds. Beautiful!

What better than a field of wildflowers to remind us of His creativity and love?

37. I am thankful for little flowers and great big fields, snorting bulls and flittering butterflies, chinking Cardinals and sleeping kitties. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that provides for our visual pleasures as well as for our physical needs. I am thankful for the opportunity to reconnect with my husband as we enjoyed the beauty surrounding us.



One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

2 comments: