11 March 2011

Day Thirty-One: Gravel Days

“Some days are diamonds, some days are stone”, to quote an old song by John Denver. I would have to say that today was somewhere in between. Gravel, maybe?

Our newest blessing is a week old today and an absolute dream to have. On the flipside of that, the chicken in the oven is torturing me! Getting used to an appliance’s sweet spot sometimes takes awhile and this oven is testing the limits, I think.

People can be like that, too.

Do you find the sweet spot in your relationships, with people and with Our Father, and go with the flow? Or, do you test the limits to see if they are really who they claim to be, really do love you, are really there for you?

31. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father, a daddy, and a husband who are there for me, even when I test the limits. I am also thankful for the oven, even though it has been well over an hour and the chicken isn’t done yet. I am most definitely thankful for our newest blessing!


One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea behind your blog. It's so encouraging!

    I'm a new follower through Blog Frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comment. I hope that it can become a source of encouragement to many people along the way. This book, One Thousand Gifts, is making such a difference in my life. I hope that everyone will read it.

    Thank you also for following. Isn't BlogFrog way cool? I am enjoying it immensely and thankful to the dear friend that told me about it. :)

    ReplyDelete