18 May 2011

Day Eighty-Three: Opportunity Knocks

"Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army." ~Edward Everett

Have you ever wanted something but not wanted it at the same time? That is where I'm at right now. I want to complete my schooling, but I don't want the stress that I know will be a part of it.

I'm beyond the point of deciding whether to do it or not as we completed the application part of it a little while ago. However, I am not beyond the point of wondering if I can cut it this time around. So many things have changed since last spring.

In any case, I am attempting this one more time and maybe won't get sidetracked this time around. The first round of sidetracking was worth it: marriage and babies. The second round (the tumors, I could have done without. I can't help but wonder what will come along this time.

Time will tell.

83. I am thankful for the opportunity to return to school. I am thankful for the support that is available to me and I'm sure going to need it! I am thankful for new doors opening where familiar doors have closed. I am thankful for the rain that they say is coming this week.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment