01 March 2011

Day Twenty-One: Fear

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)

I have believed it. I have claimed it. I have prayed it, this gift. I have lived it, this life without fear. I took it back. After feeling the freedom and thankfulness of no fear, the peace that comes with pure faith, I let the actions of a fallible human bring fear back into my life, wreck my faith in Him.

The human hurt me…but He let it happen. Why? How can I not fear when He allowed the pain to come?

I know that Our Heavenly Father has everything under control; it is all in His hands. I cannot see the final portrait from this side of the lens. Christ died to make all things right for each of us personally. We just have to choose to believe, to trust…to not fear the unknown.

It is time for me to claim that gift of no fear again, ultimate faith, and to do so with thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving always precedes the miracle. (Voskamp, 2010)

“There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee; I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” Joshua 1:5 (KJV)

21. I am thankful for a Father that loves me enough to calm my fears, to love me with an “I’ve got this one!” kind of love.


One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

No comments:

Post a Comment