07 September 2012

Faithful Blogging Prompt #4: Bible Version



What version of the Bible do you read and why?

I grew up in churches that used the King James Version of the Bible exclusively. It is what feels like the Bible to me. The language is sometimes hard to understand and confusing, but it is what I am used to. I guess in some ways I feel like I'm cheating if I read another version of the Bible. However, I do sometimes read other versions to help clarify questions that I may have. The King James Version is what feels real to me, even though I know that technically it is not the original Bible.

What version do you prefer? Is it different than the version you grew up with?


Today I am thankful for:
6. ...Parents that made sure that I was in church and learned about Jesus as a child.
7. ...Teachers that taught me how to read words and the Word.
8. ...Grandparents that were good role models and guides for my spiritual life.
9. ...Forgiving friends that still love me even though they know my imperfections.
10. ...Those that have risked and those that have given their lives to save mine.

Please be sure to click the button at the top of this post to visit Faithful Bloggers for more faith-based prompts.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment