16 February 2011

Day Eight: The Blessing

Jesus said the blessing before He ate, too. Wow! I knew it already, but it just really hit home with me today.

He gave thanks when He fed over five thousand people (Matthew 14:19). He gave thanks when He fed the four thousand plus people (Matthew 15:36). He also gave thanks when He broke the bread for the Last Supper, after Judas asked if he was the betrayer (Matthew 26:26). Jesus knew this man would betray Him, yet He still took the time to bless this food that the betrayer was eating.

How many of us would ask for good things, even bless something, for the benefit of those that we knew intended to hurt or destroy us? But we must. We are commanded to love our enemies, to pray for those that seek to hurt us.

8. I am thankful for the love of a Heavenly Father Who blesses me, even when I have grieved Him many times over.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

No comments:

Post a Comment